Easy Shahi Paneer Recipe | Indian Curry - Slurp
Bored of having paneer the usual boring way? Here is an authentic recipe for making delicious Shahi paneer, a favourite among vegetarians.
- 250 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese), cut into cubes
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, slit
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 3/4 cup Fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, small bunch, finely chopped
To begin making the Shahi Paneer Recipe, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
Add in the green chilli and onions and saute until the onions become tender.
Once the onions become soft, add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder and salt.
Simmer the tomato puree along with the spices for a few minutes until you notice the gravy begin to start bubbling.
Stir in the cream, and combine well. Finally add the cubed paneer, chopped coriander leaves and simmer for a couple of more minutes.
Once the tomatoes come to a quick boil, stir in the cream and combine well. Finally, add the paneer, chopped coriander leaves and simmer for a couple of more minutes.
The Shahi Paneer recipe is ready to be served along with Phulka's for a weeknight dinner.